Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Thomas J. Harro Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

DP 10.X - preview backup feature removed for filesystem backups

WHY would the preview backup feature be removed for filesystems?  I relied on that extensively for setting up backups, especially when I needed to manually setup multiple threads to increase throughput to our LTO drives, etc. 

Is there a workaround or hack?  Or do I just need to push to have the feature re-instated?

Any thoughts?

-Tom

I learn something new everyday. (usually because I break something new everyday)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 10.X - preview backup feature removed for filesystem backups

Hello Tom, 

According to the GUI of DP. The preview is only available for some integrations. Please see screenshot attached: 
2018-04-10_1533.png

Officially this cannot be changed. But you can add your request to the new page of enhancement request: 
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Data-Protection-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/DP_Ideas

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Thomas J. Harro Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I find it funny (and kind of sad) that features are removed, with no apparent explanation as to why, and then I can put in an enhancement request and HOPE to get back the features that I had in previous versions.

-Tom

I learn something new everyday. (usually because I break something new everyday)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Tom,

I filed the QCCR2A76083 to bring it back in 10.x, but nothing so far. Good you've submitted an Idea for this. I think this is the right place.

@Thomas J. Harrowrote:

Is there a workaround or hack?  Or do I just need to push to have the feature re-instated?

As mentioned in my comment there using a null device for backup testing is the only valid approach in 10.x for filesystem backups.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.