Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP 5.1 Upgrade to 5.5 or 6.0?

Jump to solution
Hello,

we have some Problems with DP 5.1 which can only be fixed with a newer DP version (DP 5.1 does only support 599 backup specifications).

At the current time, which DP whould you all recommend? DP 6 seems to unstable and has some RDS.EXE and SAP problems.

5.5 should be very stable by now. Or are there some problems with 5.5 which make it unstable/problematic to use?

We use DP for Filesystem, Exchange 2000, SAP, MSSQL 2000.

Regards,
Markus
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: DP 5.1 Upgrade to 5.5 or 6.0?

Jump to solution
5.5 has been rock solid for us from Day 1. (Once we figured out how to lock-down the Windows TUR issue ).

Exchange 2003, HP-UX clusters w/custom start/stop scripts for DP, Tru64 clusters w/custom start/stop scripts for DP, Windows 2003 SP1 clusters, VLS's, EML, large daily copy jobs.

but... we need to upgrade to 6.0 for similar reasons to your need to move off of 5.1. I wish I had the dollars to phase it in (second cell) instead of hold-my-breath and go...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution
5.5 has been rock solid for us from Day 1. (Once we figured out how to lock-down the Windows TUR issue ).

Exchange 2003, HP-UX clusters w/custom start/stop scripts for DP, Tru64 clusters w/custom start/stop scripts for DP, Windows 2003 SP1 clusters, VLS's, EML, large daily copy jobs.

but... we need to upgrade to 6.0 for similar reasons to your need to move off of 5.1. I wish I had the dollars to phase it in (second cell) instead of hold-my-breath and go...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi markus,

You can upgrade from DP 5.1 to 5.5.

I suggest you to don't upgrade to 6.0 as I am seeing their are lot's of problems in DP 6.0

Thanks,
Avinash
Great Power Comes With Great Responsibility
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi all,

thanks for your suggestions...

Anyone know when 6.1 will show up?

Regards,

Markus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I was told to expect 6.1 around October, this year. I was also told that it is supposed to be fixes of 6.0, not much in terms of new functionality. But again, this is more hear say than anything, since I didn't see it in writing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Based on what I've seen, 6.1 is a long way away and most certainly not just a "maintenance" release.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.