Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP 5.5 on HPUX 11iv1 to v6.0 - Cell manager is also a client

Jump to solution
I plan to upgrade my cell manager (its also an installation server) to v6.0.
I plan to run omnisetup.sh -CM
then omnisetup.sh -IS1 and omnisetup.sh -I2 (I have 2 installation cds) when this is all done do i need to run just omnisetup.sh to upgrade the client piece on it??
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,
I have not done a 5.5->6.0 upgrade myself but, after upgrading the CM and IS component you can check the client components on the cell manager from the DP GUI. If the version is wrong, you can perform an upgrade from the DP GUI (not necessary to run the omnisetup command).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,
I have not done a 5.5->6.0 upgrade myself but, after upgrading the CM and IS component you can check the client components on the cell manager from the DP GUI. If the version is wrong, you can perform an upgrade from the DP GUI (not necessary to run the omnisetup command).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Leif, thanks..
Answer was right in front of me..yea I can ugprade it from the GUI like my other HPUX clients.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Tom, you can Upgrade it, but it won't do anything since all the 5.5 stuff on the CM will be uninstalled during the omnisetup.sh -CM. Now, once you patch the IS, you will need to Upgrade it just like the other UNIX clients.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks for the help..it was useful info.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.