Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP 6.0 Error "Total capacity used for backup to disk exceeds total licensed capacity"

Jump to solution
Hi Everyone,

This error has been making me crazy. I am new to Data Protector and have recently installed version 6.0 on a Win2003 Server. I have loaded the disk agents as well as the agents for Lotus, SQL and SAP and R/3.

My tape devices are 2 HP 24 tape libraries (correctly licensed) that the software auto configured. My media is formatted and placed into pools. From what I can tell, the setup looks correct.

I am simply trying to perform a filesystem backup of a few test folders that are on the local server where the Cell manager resides and tape libraries are attached. I setup my backup job, run it and immediately get the error: Total capacity used for backup to disk exceeds total licensed capacity."

I'm at a loss. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Hello Michael,

please check your library settings. There is a checkbox "Virtual tape library" under the "Gerneral" Tab of the library. This checkbox is only for VLS Tape Systems. Leave it blank. With VLS Systems you need Advanced Backup to Disk licence. This licence is also for File Libraries.

Thomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Hello Michael,

please check your library settings. There is a checkbox "Virtual tape library" under the "Gerneral" Tab of the library. This checkbox is only for VLS Tape Systems. Leave it blank. With VLS Systems you need Advanced Backup to Disk licence. This licence is also for File Libraries.

Thomas

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you so much for your reply. I checked my tape drive and sure enough the Virtaual drive checkbox was checked. As soon as I unchecked it, my test backup ran like a charm!

Thanks again!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.