Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Patrick Chkaiba Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DP 6.11 RDS taking over 100% CPU

Hello I am running DP 6.11 on HP-UX 11i and I noticed that after a while the backups are slowing tremendously when I issued the command top I noticed that RDS is using over 100% of CPU. 

CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU %CPU COMMAND
1 ? 5140 root 152 20 80928K 42308K run 198:19 100.17 100.00 rds

When I restart the RDS process the backups run smoothly for couple of hours and then RDS gets high again and all backups slows up.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 6.11 RDS taking over 100% CPU

Hi,

I would suggest to upgrade to latest DP 6.11 patches and also check that the HPUX 11i patch bundles are not too old.

If none of this helps, maybe it makes sense to open a support case to investigate further.

Regards

Juanjo

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Patrick Chkaiba Absent Member..
Absent Member..

All patches are current. I opened a case with HP but with no result. I posted here in order to see if someone had the same issue and solved it and to get some fresh ideas.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It might be worth checking this out:

http://www.data-protector.org/wordpress/2011/07/reorganisation-der-internen-datenbank/#more-150

Blueskies from down-under...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.