Highlighted
peelau Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP 6.11 View Port Ranges

I have just taken over a DP 6.11 system from another administrator and I'm trying to add some new servers in a DMZ. I need to know how to view the port ranges the CM has been set too, so I can allow the firewall to allow the ports open for the CM.

Is there a command to run to view the port ranges?

Or do I have to edit the omnirc file?

How do I do that?

Thanks 

Tags (5)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 6.11 View Port Ranges

Hi

The most easy is to check omnirc file looking for OB2PORTRANGE and OB2PORTRANGESPEC variables.

0 Likes
peelau Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is the best practices for port ranges? My CM uses the range 2000-2020. Should i set a bigger range?

0 Likes
Ramana Kumar Ka Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On the Cell Manager Machine, check the firewall configuration, and ports allowed for the CM to communicate  with the Clients. Also check the OB2PORTRANGE

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

It depends about number of backup in parallel so 20 ports seems to be enough. Please check attachment file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.