Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DP 6.11 and MOSS 2007 Integration with Clustered SQL Server

Hello,

We have Data Protector 6.11 running on a Windows Server 2003 Cell Manager.

I have attempted to configure the new MOSS 2007 integration so as to enable backup and restore of our MOSS 2007 sites.

In our test environemnt comprised of a single Web Front-End server, a single app server and a single SQL Server the moss_backup.ps1 script worked without issue.

All three of the test servers are virtual Windows Server 2008 (x64) servers.

I then tried to deploy the integration to our production environment following the same procedures as documented in the HP Data Protector Support for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 white paper (document code: c01906427) but this time the script failed to discover any of the site databases on the SQL server.

In our production environment, the SQL server for our SharePoint environment is running on an active/passive Miscrosoft Cluster server.

My question is whether or not the Data Protector MOSS 2007 integration is cluster aware?

If anyone has successfully deployed the integration so that they are able to backup (and restore) SharePoint sites hosted on a clustered SQL server I would be grateful for any tips or gotchas you have.

Thanking you for your considered reply,

Michael
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi. Did you find an answer to this?

Thasks
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HI Dave.

Not yet.

I raised a support case with HP and was asked to run the MOSS integrated backup with debugging enabled for both our test environment where it works and in our production environment where it fails.

Still waiting to hear back if these debug files shed any light.

Are you experiencing similar issues?

Regards,

Michael
0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Well? How did it turn out?

-----
Was this information helpful? If so, please like and give kudos. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.