Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
t_predator Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP 6.2: 2 partitions available to restore data

Hello,

I recently added a second library to Dataprotector 6.2.

Now, when I want to restore a data, in the interface I see 2 lines for the same drive.

For example, for the server "Server1" I have :

- C: [C:]

- C: [Server1[/C:]]

So when I want to restore, according to the library used I have to check both letter to find where is saved my data.

I'd like to have all my backup under the same drive whatever library is used.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 6.2: 2 partitions available to restore data

Hello

I think this is related to DNS resolution, you have done backup for this host resolving short name and long name for this reason some drives are duplicated.

If you check DNS resolution and older session are purged you will see again just one drive.

Best Regards

0 Likes
t_predator Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a job running for months wich use the letter only.

If I copy this job and modify the library, it will use the "long" letter.

So the only difference between the two jobs is the library.

0 Likes
Jenni_S Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You need to check the Backup Object Summary tab in the backup job properties as the description of the object has changed when you copied the job and is why you see 2 instances in the restore GUI.

Ideally you should "copy as" the original job and disable the backup on the copied job then modify the tape drives in the original job and this should keep the object description the same.

cheers,

jenni

regards,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.