Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DP 6.2 remote client installation fails

Jump to solution

Hi,

i try to add a client in a remote subnet by using installation server. It is a DC windows 2008 R2.

Fails with credentials not valid, although i specified the domain acount.

In earlier versions i could start installation from the remote client connecting to a installation i386 share.

TI could noct find this aon new cell server/ installation server.

What can i do?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..
Windows Server 2008 R2 comes with firewal and UAC enabled.

Either you have to disable them for remote installation, or do local install on the client.

You say you do not see the share on the new Cell Manager server.

Did you install the Installation Server component when you installed the DP 6.2 ? That comes selected by default, so, if you didn't specifically removed it, you should have the shared folder "Omniback" available on the backup server.

So, from the client server, browse to your backup server, enter folder "omniback\x8664" and right click "setup" selecting "Run as Administrator".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Absent Member..
Hi. Have you seen if firewall is enabled on W2k8 R2 server?
Absent Member..
Windows Server 2008 R2 comes with firewal and UAC enabled.

Either you have to disable them for remote installation, or do local install on the client.

You say you do not see the share on the new Cell Manager server.

Did you install the Installation Server component when you installed the DP 6.2 ? That comes selected by default, so, if you didn't specifically removed it, you should have the shared folder "Omniback" available on the backup server.

So, from the client server, browse to your backup server, enter folder "omniback\x8664" and right click "setup" selecting "Run as Administrator".

View solution in original post

Absent Member..
yes, firewall is disabled
0 Likes
Absent Member..
you are right, i can connect to "omniback\x8664", and start the installation. I could not find it on the cell server, looking under
c:\programme\omniback. There is no x8646.
I found it now under C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Depot

thanks a lot

It is just a share, very good hidden....
0 Likes
Absent Member..

that is the default installation folder for data protector on top of windows server 2008...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.