New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DP 6.21 + SQL 2008 + Microsoft TDE

Jump to solution

Hello all....one of my clients is looking for options to back up their SQL 2008 Data Bases, they use Micorosft TDE to encrypt the DB's, I have found references to SQL-TDE support in DP 6.1x platform support matrix doc, however the client is using DP 6.21 and there are no references to TDE in the support matrices from DP 6.2 onwards...any clues on why TDE is not even mentioned in the platform support matrices from DP6.2 to DP8?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I checked with the lab, and here is the response

TDE supported also on DP 6.2 and up as it is described in DP 6.11 matrix.
That was somehow removed by mistake.

We will fix this in future release.

=============

TDE is supported on DP 6.2

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am asking for some clarification on this, and will notify you as soon as I hear something

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I checked with the lab, and here is the response

TDE supported also on DP 6.2 and up as it is described in DP 6.11 matrix.
That was somehow removed by mistake.

We will fix this in future release.

=============

TDE is supported on DP 6.2

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We also need to know the answer for HP Data Protector version 7.03 since the implementation that Ronny Sevilla is referring to will be upgrades to HPDPV7.03 in the very near future. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I received an update on the Documentation lab case I submitted.  Support for TDE is available for all versions (so far) of Data Protector, it just didn't make it into the documentation

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.