Highlighted
RagnarL Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

DP 7.0 Cell Mananger ( Windows Server 2008R2 ) restore problems

When I am trying to restore the Cell Manager Windows Server 2008R2 I run into problems.

Restoring a Windows workstation works fine now thanks to good support from Victor_F_DP.

I do not have any tape library in my test environment so I do backup to disk and try to restore the Cell manager.

The restore starts normally and goes into phase 2 where it stops saying No supported local devices were found.

Do I need to do backup to tape on the Cell Manager?

Is restore from disk backup not supported?

Best regards Ragnar L

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 7.0 Cell Mananger ( Windows Server 2008R2 ) restore problems

Hello

Please check all necessary information into this website

https://www.data-protector.org/wordpress/tag/eadr/

Best Regards

0 Likes
RagnarL Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: DP 7.0 Cell Mananger ( Windows Server 2008R2 ) restore problems

Hi!

Unfortunately this did not solve my problems for my DP7.0 Cell Manager ( Windows server )

My question was:

Do I need to do backup to tape on the Cell Manager?

Is restore from disk backup not supported?

Finally I managed to try on another server that has tape library, but it does not work either.

The other server that has tape library was installed with the same operating system 2008R2 but had DP ver 8 and there I could restore the Cell Manager itself.

Best regards Ragnar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.