Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

DP 7.0 EADR test on cell manager

Jump to solution

I am testing the restore of the cell manager for a system that is running DP7. After booting the DR OS and starting the offline restore(Tape) process, I get the following error:

Cannot open exchanger control device ([2] The system Cannot find the file specified)

At the end of the restore attempt it give me the option to select one of the two tape drives as it sees it connected to the system.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: DP 7.0 EADR test on cell manager

Jump to solution
Hi
I managed to resolve the issue by editing the scsi addresses of the tape drives and the changer in the srd file to correspond with the DR OS.
Kind regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @AbdurL

First of all, DP 7 is quite old, so consider upgrading to a newer version. 

About the error, I can tell that there is a problem with the SCSI path probably. Make sure that DP can connect to MA server. If the MA is the same CM, make sure that you made a refresh of the SCSI before the restore. You can use the CMD option before start. 

Also, could you please show us the last part you mention that gives you options? 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Victor_F_DP 

Thank you for the response.

I do understand the risk of using an older version but unfortunately this is out of my hands.

I will try to run the restore again to get you the screenshot that you requested. 

On the refresh, unfortunately I am pretty new to this and I am not sure how to refresh the SCSI. Could you please give me some direction?

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards

Ab 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Victor_F_DP 

Please see attached as requested

Many thanks

Ab

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @AbdurL

After those messages I can see a Starting Offline Restore. 

Does it fails after that? 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi @Victor_F_DP
Yes after that it fails with:
"cannot open device([1112] no media in device)
I think the issue might be that the scsi address is different to what the MA is expecting
Kind regards
Ab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

That message means that no medium is introduced in the device. So maybe the tape is in the wrong device. 

Do you have a library with robotic arm or only two standalone devices? 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi @Victor_F_DP
I have a library with a robotic arm. I tried loading the tape manually before the restore with no luck. I would assume that the MA would load the tape automatically?
The strange thing is that I get the same error across 2 isolated systems. Each with the same OS and same DP. The systems are airgapped.
Kind regards
Ab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @AbdurL

Have you tested this in a different OS?

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi @Victor_F_DP
No unfortunately I cannot change the OS on the system
Regards
Ab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Victor_F_DP 

Do you know if there is a way to change the scsi address fom the CMD on the DR OS?

Kind regards

Ab

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
What I want to say is if you can try with another server that have other OS and see if the same problem appears. Of course you cannot change the CM's OS just because.
Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.