Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Absent Member.. BackupDude Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DP 7.01 and Oracle 12c

Hi there,

Did anybody try backing up Oracle 12c using DP 7.01?

Is it working?

It is not in the support matrix but this could be because it was released later than the DP version.

Thanks for any replies.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DP 7.01 and Oracle 12c

You're right, it is not in the support matrix.  It may work, it may not, but, if you have any problems with backups, the Response Center is probably not going to be able to help you

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks for the reply.

Do you happen to have the support matrix for DP 7.03? If Oracle 12c is included there I will upgrade before implementing to avoid any future problems.

I tried to google for it but the HP site is a mess for me.

0 Likes
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is no seperate support matrix for DP 7.03

However, I checked the 7.03 patch bundle, but saw no reference for support of Oracle 12c

I also checked Site-Specific patches (SSP) which will, sometime, add support for a certain platform, or a specific Applicatieon Integration, and, again, saw no reference to Oracle 12c

Finally, I checked the DP 8 support matrix, and again, nothing found for Oracle 12c

I would think that this will be supported eventually, bit, is not currently

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks,

DP support said the same, this version of Oracle is not included in any support matrixes, even not in 8.0.

So I guess we get a wonderful chance to test it then.

0 Likes
thaka Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you try it? Did it work?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.