Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
jruffer Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

DP 7.03 Firewall ports

Jump to solution

I've set OB2PORTRANGE in omnirc on Cell Manager and Media agent but BDA-NET is still trying to connect on a port in the 50000 range.

I also set CrsPort in Global to a value allowed by the firewall.

What am I missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: DP 7.03 Firewall ports

Jump to solution

Hi @jruffer,

@jruffer wrote:

I think I've found the problem.  I had put omnirc in Program Files and I came across something that said it should be in ProgramData for versions >= 2008

Yes, the omnirc belongs into the directory next to the omnirc.TMPL.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @jruffer,

Since you mention BDA-NET this means there is one or multiple clients involved where the Disk Agent tries to communicate with the Media Agent and/or Cell Manager. Apply the same OB2PORTRANGE change on those clients, too. If this does not work, please share the full session report with us (attach file).

Please revert CrsPort  to default and restart the services.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Seb,

Thanks for your quick response.

I've set OB2PORTRANGE=20000-20250 on Cell Manager and clients but it's still trying to connect using ports like 56200

Regards

Jeremy

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I think I've found the problem.  I had put omnirc in Program Files and I came across something that said it should be in ProgramData for versions >= 2008

It's still failing but it is now using a port in the correct range so it's time to check with the Firewall people.

[Critical] From: BDA-NET@myclient.mydomain "myclient.mydomain [/CONFIGURATION]" Time: 13/02/2019 12:23:50
Cannot connect to Media Agent on system mycellserver.mydomain, port 20012 (IPC Cannot Connect) => aborting.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @jruffer,

When looking at the session report I can see the relevant systems.

hr-dclivedmz which has the Disk Agent
back01 which is the Media Agent
san-clus-back01 which is the Cell Manager

OB2PORTRANGE=20000-20250 is big enough for several parallel backup sessions. Since hr-dclivedmz seems to reside in a DMZ please make sure it can resolve the FQDN of the Media Agent and Cell Manager via DNS or hosts file and that the Media Agent and Cell Manager can also resolve its FQDN and that the port range is open in the firewall(s) between the clients?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @jruffer,

@jruffer wrote:

Yes, the omnirc belongs into the directory next to the omnirc.TMPL.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.