DP 8/9 Connection to GUI not possible due to an invalid certificate (Hostname contains underscore).
1. Change the computer name to a hostname without underscore
2. Run the command: omnidbutil -change_cell_name
3. Make sure that no instances of the old hostname remains within the files in
the C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Config folder and its subfolders.
4. Change the registry entry (Windows CM):
5. Regenerate the certificate by running the following command from C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin:
perl omnigencert.pl -server_id <NEW_HOSTNAME> -user_id hpdp -store_password <PASSWORD>
store_password can be found in C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\client\components\webservice.properties --> keystorePassword=
6. Restart DP services: omnisv stop / start
7. On the cell manager check if the GUI works now.
8. Update UNIX/LINUX Clients about the Cell Server hostname change in:
9. Update Windows Client about Cell Server hostname change in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Hewlett Packard -> OpenView -> OmniBack II -> Site -> CellServer
10. In "Devices & Media" change the hostname for the devices, which have been configured for the Cell Manager.
11. Changing the Installation Server Hostname:
The Cell Manager acts as an Installation Server for Windows platforms.
If the Cell Server hostname was changed, the Installation Server does not work anymore.
The Installation Server depot for Windows (network share "Omniback") is registered with the registry keys
"Location" and "Location2" under:
This registry keys have to be corrected to reflect the new hostname.