UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

DP 9.05 // Post-exec Script // Missing environment variables

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I want a more readable information why a session was aborted, not just that it aborted.

So I found in that community some information about using post-exec scripts, where DP should give me some variables from that session. But after writing a simple script, all variables are empty. (e.g. %SESSIONID% / %SMEXIT% / %DATALIST% / etc.)

After that I tried a new script, which just give me the environment variables of that session (set > logfile), but there are no variables set, just the following DP specific:

DP_DATA_DIR=D:\ProgramData\OmniBack\
DP_HOME_DIR=D:\Program Files\OmniBack\
DP_SDATA_DIR=D:\ProgramData\OmniBack\
OB2DAOPTIONSFILE=D:/ProgramData/OmniBack/tmp/ob2_postExec_1956_41.conf
OB2DBG=-debug   
OB2OSINCETIME=0
OB2OSTARTTIME=2016-02-16 16:40:26

and the windows specific ones.

I didn't found any information in the guides too, or am I blind?

Anyone an idea what I have missed to use the variables in a post-exec script?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey Tobias,

not all environmentals are available everywhere. You can define pre-/post-exec scripts on a per session basis. This will give you things like SMEXIT. You can also add scripts to all or individual objects.. Basic santiy tests on 9.05. work ok for me. Your approach with set > logfile is correct to get started.

Backup => Backup Spec => Options => Advanced (Backup Specification Options)

Backup => Backup Spec => Options => Advanced (Filesystem Options)

Backup => Backup Spec => Backup Object Summary => Object => Properties => Options

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

It works OK in 7.03.  It might be worth raising a support call.

HTH

Jeremy

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey Tobias,

not all environmentals are available everywhere. You can define pre-/post-exec scripts on a per session basis. This will give you things like SMEXIT. You can also add scripts to all or individual objects.. Basic santiy tests on 9.05. work ok for me. Your approach with set > logfile is correct to get started.

Backup => Backup Spec => Backup Object Summary => Object => Properties => Options

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your help!

@Sebastian.Koehler wrote:

Only via Backup Specification Options I get all vars that I need:

%BACKUPGROUP%
%DATALIST%
%MODE%
%PREVIEW%
%RESTARTED%
%SESSIONID%
%SESSIONKEY%
%SESSIONTYPE%
%SMEXIT%

I guess the other options to use post-exec scripts are just for simple batch tasks, like "delete some files".

Thank you and best regards,

Tobias

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Hi again,

In the admin guide of 9.05 there is no more "SESSIONTYPE", but I get it in the environment.

The only explanation of the variables is about SMEXIT, not about all the other variables.

Can someone explain the other variables and what state they can have? SMEXIT (0,10,11,12,13).

Thank you!

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.