Andy___H1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

DP 9.06 RHEL Linux 7.5 DR Backup Issues

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have recently got in our first build of RHEL 7 on our DP 9.06 estate of physical servers. As such we want to make use of the /CONFIGURATION Disaster Recovery backups that DP offers, just as we do with our RHEL 6.x servers. However, when we attempt a backup which includes /CONFIGURATION it's not working. We have traced through the errors in DEBUG and are getting this from the AUTODR.log file at the bottom:

FATAL mkrset EXCEPTION at /svnstore/unix/panther/dp_906_dev1_nightly/src/recovery/drm/src/coolie/mkrset.cpp (2178)

FATAL mkrset N3drm11inval_errorE(0) : Collecting rset files failed

This is then followed by a Stack Traceback set of messages. Then INFO messages with a result of DRM(-4). And before this FATAL message, we have a ton of WARN messages saying "Cannot get path attibutes" of the various temporary files which were created in the drim/tmp directory.

So when we run the command manually on the RHEL box that the xinetd process does, it works fine, and we end up with a temporary directory full of OS info. But it's the process to collect these and make the recovery set which is failing miserably.

We are assuming given 9.06 supports RHEL 7.x, it will support 7.5, and we are just missing some RHEL RPM's to make it work. Anyone out there advise which specific RPM's we would need to get this working?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 9.06 RHEL Linux 7.5 DR Backup Issues

Jump to solution

Hello

EADR for Red Hat 7.x i suspported since DP 9.07

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2A65695?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=206728_SSO_PRO

Therefore please upgrade DP version and let us to know the result.

Best Regards

4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

I would recommend to check if any of the Limitations applies in this case (without the entire autodr.log) I can't say if any of the limitations applies.

From the Warnings that you mention:

- You can add 2 excludes: /opt/omni/bin/drim/log and /opt/omni/bin/drim/tmp ==> This is documented in the Limitations

- Many issues has been fixed in DR patches after 9.06 so I would recommend to update the Client with the latest patches and specially the DR patch.

- If you could upload the entire autodr.log it would be great.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello

EADR for Red Hat 7.x i suspported since DP 9.07

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2A65695?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=206728_SSO_PRO

Therefore please upgrade DP version and let us to know the result.

Best Regards

Andy___H1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Many thanks for the link, just what we need. We'll get it up to 9.09 and try again. Cheers

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi

You are welcome

Best Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.