Highlighted
Markus Pernek Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

DP 9.09_115 StoreOnce Gateway Error in Protocol

Good morning Community,

i have some interessting troubles and would like to ask you if anyone had similar issues or knows what to do.

There is a Cell Manager running on DP 9.09_115, a long time the clients ran on 9.05 and i recently did the upgrade to 9.09_115 on the clients.

Now i have some connection issues from the clients to the cell manager, sometimes it is not possible to browse the file list on the clients, after several tries it works again.

The next issue is that the StoreOnce 2700 Devices are inaccessible from out the configured gateway servers, the check gives some "Error in Protocol" Messages but after a few tries ( 5 exactly) the connection is set to "OK" and the Gateway is accessible again.

We set some settings in omnirc but that had no effect so far:

### MEDIA AGENT ###

OB2DEVMUTEXTIMEOUT=12000

OB2IPCNOSENDRECVLOOP=1

OB2COMPRESSIONRETRY=10

OB2AUTODDTIMEOUT=300

OB2FILELIBDISKFULL=1

OB2NOREPACKAGEWARNING=1

OB2MACHECKCAPACITY=1

### DISK AGENT ###

OB2SHMIPC=0

OB2IPCKEEPALIVE=1

OB2SKIPDIRECTORY=1

OB2NOREMOTEWARNINGS=1

OB2_SSH_ENABLED=1

OB2FWPASSTHRU=1

OB2NOTREEWALK=1

OB2INETTIMEOUT=60

OB2IPCKEEPALIVETIME=900

OB2IPCKEEPALIVEINTERVAL=60

###Port Range####

OB2PORTRANGE=18000-18999

###HP-Connect-Parameter###

OB2CSACONNECTTIMEOUT=300

Does anyone have an idea?

Best Regards

Markus 

virtualized
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP 9.09_115 StoreOnce Gateway Error in Protocol

Hello @Markus Pernek

Since DP 9.09, OB2PORTRANGE is not needed anymore. All the communication goes in the same Inet port. 

I can think that the problem is with a timeout. Set this variable in the DA and MA also: OB2IPCKEEPALIVETIME=900. Then restart the Inet. 

Try to reconfigure the StoreOnce to see if you still have the same error. 

Regards,

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.