Markus Pernek Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

DP 9.09_115 unable to start filesystem browse agent

Jump to solution

Good morning community.

i´m facing some stragen issues after upgrading some clients from DP 9.07 to 9.09 115.

Some of the upgrade clients show the error message "12:1300 Unable to start filesystem browse agent" and some don´t while on other clients i receive the message but after a short waiting time the filesystem browse works when i´m try it again. (unfortunately not on all clients)

Before the Upgrade, every Client works fine (All Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012R2 and Windows Server 2016) 

Ping, DNS and Telnet works fine from every direction, i have no idea wich causes that error and how to solve it, maybe some of you had some similar issues.

Best Regards

Markus 

virtualized
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.

Re: DP 9.09_115 unable to start filesystem browse agent

Jump to solution

Problem solved.

It looks like that even in this verison it´s necessary to copy the x8664 folder localy to the machine, start the setup.exe with "run as administrator" and to a repaier of the DP installation.

After this procedure, i was able to browse again.

Maybe that helps someone 🙂 

Best Regards

Markus 

virtualized
7 Replies
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Problem solved.

It looks like that even in this verison it´s necessary to copy the x8664 folder localy to the machine, start the setup.exe with "run as administrator" and to a repaier of the DP installation.

After this procedure, i was able to browse again.

Maybe that helps someone 🙂 

Best Regards

Markus 

virtualized
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @Markus Pernek,

Have you performed the initial upgrade remotely or locally? I would bet on local 9.x upgrades for Windows 2003 clients which usually have issues with 9.x to 9.x remote upgrades.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Sebastian.Koehler 

i upgraded the Clients locally and there were no errors mentioned, clients were imported to cell and everything was fine except the filesystem browse.

this was fixed only with copying the setup files locally to the client and start the repair process.

The interessting thing was, that this happend on windows server 2016 too.

Best Regards

Markus

virtualized
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello @Markus Pernek,

Is there a specific reason why you don't do the upgrades remotely? It works pretty well for most Windows clients if omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user and omnirc OB2FWPASSTHRU=1 is used on the Windows Installation server.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Sebastian.Koehler 

yes, we are unable to upgrade the clients remotly because of some restrictions in the customers rights management.

Best Regards

Markus

virtualized
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @Markus Pernek,

I'm curious what kind of restriction. Is it because the OmniBack share is accesible (read) by ANONYMOUS LOGON and Everyone?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Sebastian.Koehler 

unfortunately i don´t know why, its since i´ve taken over responsibility for the customer.

maybe we will change that sometimes.

Best Regards

Markus

virtualized
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.