Absent Member.. srik9866 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DP IDB Size

Hi All.

My IDB Catalog database usage  is showing

Object-99%

Objectversions-99

Sessions-99%

Positions-99%

File names-74%

i have done purging but usage is not decrseing and let me know what will hapen ,if it is 100% reached.

Regards,

Raju

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DP IDB Size

This should not be an issue that woriies you.  As a matter of fact, it showing the signs of being a healthy IDB

The numbers you are seeing there are reflecctive of the output from the command

omnidbutil -info

This output show columns for Records Used vs Records Total.  We like to see that ratio as close to 100% as possible, and your report is showing this

The IDB is not of a static size, it is dynamically expandable, in other words, it will keep growning on its own.  Occasionally, you need to create Tablespace Extensions if using DP 7 or below, and, add (Data Catalog Binary File (DCBF) directories as needed.  You can look at teh output from

omnidbutil -extendinfo

to see how full Tablespaces are getting, and the output from 'omnidbutil -info' will tell you how full the DCBF directories ared getting

From my point of view, you do not have any problems

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.