Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

(DP) Support Tip: 9.09 VEPA component causes CSV warnings on Hyper-V client Topic Options

Since DP 9.09 update following is seen in windows system event log :

Cluster Shared Volume 'Volume1' ('Cluster Disk 2') has identified one or more active filter drivers on this device stack that could interfere with CSV operations. I/O access will be redirected to the storage device over the network through another Cluster node. This may result in degraded performance. Please contact the filter driver vendor to verify interoperability with Cluster Shared Volumes.

Active filter drivers found:
HPEDpHsm (HSM)

Problem is caused by filter driver added with VEPA component in DP 9.09 patch. It's used for VMware GRE, Power On and Live Migrate features.

As a workaround this filter driver can be unloaded with command:

fltmc unload HPEDpHsm

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: (DP) Support Tip: 9.09 VEPA component causes CSV warnings on Hyper-V client Topic Options

We had this problem with all of our Hyper-V clusters as well, had to remove 9.09 and reinstall 9.08.

Did you also notice it added a dozen extra MPIO items you didn't have before?

I did open a case with support case but they refused to help as I couldn't produce an actual error related to backups or the client.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: (DP) Support Tip: 9.09 VEPA component causes CSV warnings on Hyper-V client Topic Options

There is a fix available through support - QCCR2A74153

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Good morning

I'm currently having this Issue in my Data Protector 10.50 environment, in 3 of 33 servers with Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, and the temporal solution (Unloading the hpedphsm driver) works, but is there a final solution for this? currently it is necessary to execute this command everytime i reboot a server.

1. ¿Is there any patch or fix to solve this?

2. ¿Why is this happening to a few servers of 33 I have with the same version of OS and Vmware Virtual Machine?

Regards

David Gutherz

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @David Gutherz,

The Data Protector lab is currently working on this on Data Protector 10.60 where this driver and service gets deployed with the Disk Agent now, because it is needed for the new Block-based backup. You may submit a case and ask for OCTIM19Q727942.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.