Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

(DP) Support Tip: GUI hangs up when File menu "Help" is clicked on

ISSUE
GUI hangs up when File menu "Help" is clicked on if "English Documentation(Guides, Help)" is not installed .

ENVIRONMENT
DP10.20

WORKAROUND
Install "English Documentation(Guides, Help)"

5 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: (DP) Support Tip: GUI hangs up when File menu "Help" is clicked on

Hello @Tadashi,

The F1 online help in Data Protector A.10.20 is somewhat broken. Even with the installed English Documentation it could happen that the Java Scripts in the help documents block the Data Protector GUI. If this happens removing the registry key helps to regain access.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\OmniBackII\GUI\Help\HelpMode

This is hopefully fixed in A.10.30.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sebastian ,

Thank you for sharing that .
Could you let me know more details how we can reproduce the issue you mentioned ?
I know there are some missing pages in Help , but I didn't see the Java Scripts issue so far .

By the way , the hanging up issue was solved by QCCR2A83079 , and we have a Hotfix .
However , I need to ask the lab to enhance the Hotfix more for missing pages that I have found .

Thank you.
Best regards.

Tadashi

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Tadashi,

In A.10.20 after selecting System default web browser and and using F1 later in the GUI I had the following issues all over the place.

2019-03-07_06h54_24.png

2019-03-07_06h59_13.png

See case SD02374031 for details. I hope this is resolved in A.10.30 now, while I have not tested it.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sebastian ,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation .
I appreciate it .

I apologize for being late responding .
I was stuck at some hot issues .
Finally I started working on it with the lab because I don't think it will be related to QCCR2A81970 .
I'll let you know new QCCR number if the lab agreed on the issue as a new defect .

Thank you.
Best regards.
Tadashi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Now the lab recognized the issue .
The issue will be solved by QCCR2A83370 .

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.