Marco Mathiesen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP Upgrade 6.0 to 6.11 / 6.2

Hello ,

i want to Upgrade out DP from 6.0 to 6.11 or 6.2

Do i need new license file tom do that or is the license file for 6.0 still valid

for the above mentioned Versions ??

Thx in advance

Tags (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Stephan. Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: DP Upgrade 6.0 to 6.11 / 6.2

As long as you have an active Software support contract you can upgrade to the latest version.

hth,

Stephan

0 Likes
fabien23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a problem with the 6.11 DATAPROTOR & ESX 4.1 and I want to upgrade to 6.2 and try to solve my problem.

Sould I ask a new licence by contacting the support ?

Many thanks for your reply,

Fabien

0 Likes
Stephan. Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

The licence file should work, but as mentioned before to be legal you need a contract.

hth,

Stephan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Wessam Ehab Absent Member..
Absent Member..

just as Stephan said, as long as you have an active support contract all your licenses will be Migrated Automatically.

2 days ago I made the upgrade form 6.11 to 6.2 for a customer and it took us only 40 Minutes to do the upgrade.

here is what to do

1-First check Support Matrices for all avialbale integration to see if you need to upgrade any components in your environment (so as not to be surprised that things that used to work, now don't). i had to upgrade many components for EVA Disk Array like MPIO, VSS, win 2k8 hot fixes, ... to support VSS ,SQL and Exchange for ZDB/IR to work.

2-Make sure you don't have any running session.

3-Follow the steps in the upgrade part from the installation guide, everything is straight forward.

4-If you have any clusters as clients you may have to upgrade the components locally and re-import them to the Cell Manager, I did that for One Cluster the Other cluster worked upgraded from the GUI without problems.

Hope this helps 🙂

Wesam Ehab

Regards,
Wesam
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Hazza Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are running 6.11 with all the licences that we need. Everything running fine.

Can I simply download the trial version, and upgrade to 6.2?

Will it detect the licences and run it as a full version? If not, how do I go about getting the installation CD/DVd for 6.2?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

All DP 6.11 licenses are valid with 6.2, so all you need to do is download the trial version and install.  The only thing to be wary of is that 6.2 has better license enforcement than did 6.11, so if you are under-licensed in 6.11 you may strike some trouble in 6.2

Blueskies from down-under...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. DecioBrito Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I try to run DPWIN_00557 to make the upgarde but nothing happens. were i can see the upgrade logs'

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.