dave007 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DP autoconfigure

When I try to autoconfigure devices,it lists the Robotics and drives but doesnt tie them together...I know this is a known issue and so did a

net start "Removable Storage"
net stop "Removable Storage"

but to no avail.Rebooted the server,disbaled robotics from windows server,but nothing seems to work.It still lists
the MSL robotics separate and then the 4 drives.What am I missing here?

Using windows server 2003-64 bit,DP 6.1 patched
0 Likes
2 Replies
CBee Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DP autoconfigure

If you remove a device from msWindows (which you do with 'net start "..."') then you donnot remove the device from DP! In the past, we had a situation where the device needed to be removed from msWindows. DP found the scsi-bus in msWindows and used its own (tape/library)-drivers to manage the equipment.

If you need to remove a device from DP, you need to do so in DP. see C:\Program Files\OmniBack\Docs\MAN\CLIReference.pdf for your local commandline manual.
Things that go automatically, automatically go wrong...
0 Likes
CBee Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DP autoconfigure

One addition for auto configure... DP stores the devices serial number. With that it can traverse multiple paths to the same device.

However, if you replace a device, the serial number needs to be reloaded for auto-configuration of the new device. Otherwise the stored serial number prevents the automatic configuration and other usage...
Things that go automatically, automatically go wrong...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.