Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. ThierryT Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DP v7

Hi

There is lack of documentation abt DP7..is that GA yet? Where can I find upgrade doc from 6.2 to 7 and new features lists..

TQ

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP v7

HP made the software available on http://support.openview.hp.com. If you have a valid SAID, feel free to test the new release. All the documentation is included in the media kit as well as on the portal itself. The installation and licensing guide is still the first stop for upgrade planning.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Tags (1)
Respected Contributor.. sheng-ling.coad Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi, thank you for the information. I was also looking for the documentation for DP 7.0.

Is it still a trial version?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Version 7.0 includes 60 day trial if you want to test. The documentation is included with the media kit and also available in HP SSO portal.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Tags (2)
Absent Member.. Arjan Schepers Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You would think that, with a major new release of HP's flagship enterprise backup software, one would receive an email (bear in mind I have an active and valid SSAID) informing me of this release. Nope.

Also, when you go to hp.com/go/dataprotector, I expect to see a banner stating "DP V7 now available, click here for the release information". Nope. Up until yesterday, version 7 wasn't even showing at all on that part of the website although it was released (apparently) a month ago!

I found out about a version 7 existing via data-protector.org, a third party website which I stumbled upon during a Google search for an unrelated DP problem. Apparently, the owner is also dissatisfied with the HP website and decided to put up all the correct links to trials/documentation and news bulletins.

I ultimately managed to find DP version 7, buried somewhere deep in the trenches of the HP website.

HP, is this really how you want to promote your enterprise backup software?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The big annoucement is planned for HP Discover in Vegas this June. Stay tuned, you will receive the information you're looking for quite soon. If you want to start with version 7.0 right now, you can consider yourself as an early adopter.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
0 Likes
Absent Member.. cmoses0971 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I have downloaded and installed Data Protector 7 on a new server we are going to be using and retiring our old 6.2 server. I am having issues with this new software in pushing client software out to the servers. Has there been any known issues with this release? I am looking to get this server online in the next week or 2, but this issue is causing me some concern. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

Chris

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

Which kind of issue do you have? Any useful error message?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi,

If you have a support contract call HP and they will give you a link of where the new version, this is only testing is not official and do not recommend you to install on your production machine is more to test in their test environment .

At the time they do their official website and can be performed more safely and even installing the upgrade.

Regards

Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.