Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Syedfurquan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

DP10.02 perform object copy in 2 different media pool

Hello,

I am doing all my backup on catalyst store and then object copy on LTO5 Tapes.

Till 9.09 I was using 3 specification for 1 object copy as DAILY,WEEKLY & Monthly. Now because of advance scheduling after upgrading to DP10.02, I can't do this for weekly & Monthly becuase it overlaps. So I have created single specification and schedule this backup as Weekly & Monthly.

Now my query is I want to do for same object copy job:

weekly Object copy in weekly media pool
Monthly Object copy to monthly media pool.

How to achieve this?

Thanks,

Syed

0 Likes
2 Replies
TaeSang Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: DP10.02 perform object copy in 2 different media pool

Hi, 

I think you are know how can it.

Unfortunately, Object operation don't support mirror device.

As you know,

There is two way,

First is make 2 copy with mirror option when backup.

Second is 2 time object copy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Syedfurquan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: DP10.02 perform object copy in 2 different media pool

Hi TaeSang,

I am sorry this was not my query. It looks I was not able to explain clearly.

My query is:
I have a backup specification "A" runs on storeOnce every week.
I do object copy of this backup "A" on tape.
Now I have to perform this object copy every week in weekly media pool except last week of every month where it should goes to monthly media pool.
How to achieve this?

I can't create 2 object copy specification of same backup because last week of every month, weekly and monthly both will run.
Hope I am able to explain it now.
Thanks,
Syed

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.