Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Stefan Wusowski Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

DP10.50 WIN - strange mount request

DP 2019.09 on Windows Server 2016 STD

One File Library (on CellServer)  CIFS Share (fron NAS System). Several MediaPools for SAP, SAP Archive, Oracle, Oracle Archive ans FileSystem Backup's

Client's AIX, Rad Hat

Hello,

sometime's we get some strange "mount request"!!

Our FileSystem Backup are configured to take tapes from FS MediaPool (i checked this twice!!!). The FileSystem backup is starting and load 4 tape from the right FS MediaPool. Sometimes it need a nother tape and it requested a tape from the Oracle Archive Pool!!!! Why "mount request"???? Why a tape from false MediaPool????

OK - I had copy the content of the requested tape to a nother tape and recycle/remove the tape

Now the FileSystem Backup (Restart failed Objects) requested a tape from the right FS MediaPool - WHY a mount request??? I confirm the request - medium is loaded  - Error Medium Full Cannnot append ??????

I had attached the session output from the "Restart failed Object" - look i think that is realy strange

Attension: I had noticed the requested tape is always the first tape (file depot) that is listed is the Directory for the Library!!!!

Has anyone observed such a behavior

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP10.50 WIN - strange mount request

Hello @Stefan Wusowski,

Please make sure the Media Pool used by the File Library is configured as Non-Appendable.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.