Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
DiAc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

DP10 TLS 1.2 missing?

Hello!
I am testing the upgrade from DP 9.09_115 to 10.03.
The Cell Manager is installed on Windows Server 2016 Standard and it seems to work well.
But I'm missing the secure communication level TLS 1.2 inside the Clients menu .
For all clients there is only n/a listed.

DP10-Clients.PNG

I am very sure that TLS 1.2 was listed in a previous test with Windows Server 2008 R2.

Is this normal or have I forgotten something?

Best regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: DP10 TLS 1.2 missing?

Hi @DiAc,

No, this seems to be expected in 10.03 and 10.04. I've asked for a fix and hope it will be part of 10.05. All clients with a certificate in C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\client\ssconfig are using the secure communication. 9.x and earlier clients will have an exception.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. nschwendener Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello @Sebastian.Koehler,

I've installed yesterday the DP 10.10 and as @DiAc wrote, all the clients with DP 10.10 use a communication without TLSv1.2, while the clients with the old DP 10.02 have the communication with TLSv1.2 enabled.

I attach a Printscreen with my current situation.

2018-10-17 08_54_06-Remote Desktop Manager [rsis-jh-sys1].png

could you please let me know if this is normal?

should I do some configurations in order to enable again TLSv1.2?

Thank you very much.

best regards

Nicola

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

This is a konw issue from DP 10.03 please open support case and request fix.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2A79108

Best Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @nschwendener,

What you see in the GUI is just what is left in the cell_info from having ECC enabled on 9.x. It is only cosmetic!

If a client is fully configured to use secure communication (10.x on both ends) and ECC has not been used before it will display n/a. This is expected for newly deployed 10.x clients, too. I usually remove -encryption 1 from the cell_info file ifit was left after the client upgrade to 10.x, because it is no longer used.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.