Outstanding Contributor.. Vince Laurent Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

DP9: Failover to DR site

I have been tasked with designing and performing a DR test.  I have 2 DP CM and 2 StoreOnce 4500s.  I am trying to figure out the best way to have the DR CM take over and keep backups rolling.   I am sure someone has set this up and done.  I am not looking for details (at this point) but maybe a nice step-by-step guide.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Luc Minnaert Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: DP9: Failover to DR site

Hello,

ideal scenario:

create a DP-cluster served by your two node

Let the SO do a catalyst Low Bandwith Replication to each other and spread the backup load on your two appliances.

Whenever 1 site/CM/SO goes down, the other one has it all to start immediate restore to recover from your crash.

2nd best:

a standby CM

Luc Minnaert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.