Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

DP9 - Spec and requirements

Hi,

In the SPEC of DP9 (http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04109270), page 5. I  can read :

---

1.5 GB of free disk space + approximately up to 2% of planned data to be backed up (for use by the IDB)2 × size_of_the_bigge st_package_to_be_installed + 10 MB of disk space needed on the system driveOn Windows Server 2008 systems, the firewall must also be configured to accept "Remote Service Administration" (NP) connections (port 445)

---

About the 2% of planned data to be backed up (for use by the IDB), what does "planned data" mean ?

1. Is it the capacity of all my data on prodct disks that I want to backup ?
  2. Is it the capacity of all my data which will be on tapes with all versions ?

Is my question comprehensive ?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: DP9 - Spec and requirements

The size occuped by IDB mostly depends on logging level and protection period. Also the above figures are just estimates, for your actual case it might be different. If you keep data on tapes protected forever, then 2 will apply.

Kind regards, Jan

Was my answer helpful? Please reward me with kudos.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.