UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector 5.5 CMMDB Problem

Hello everyone, i have kind of crazy problem and it goes like this.

I have in my data protector environment two cell servers with mom, and the only thing that is combined between them is the CMMDB (Media Database). One server is HP-UX 11.11 which holds the CMMDB and is also the mom server and the other is windows 2003 cell server.

The windows cell seem to have problem connecting to the cmmdb server... i get the following error:

Media Management Database not available.
Please check that the computer holding the media management
is up and running.

I did the following checks:

1) both server on the same network segment/subnet, no firewall between them, both are hard linked on the network switch (no auto negotiation).
2) ping between server is flawless... 0% packet loss...
3) telnet 5555 between servers is ok.
4) no error messages in the debug.log on either side!

Im lost... any ideas?!
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are you still having this problem?

If so you may need the latest cell server patch.

If you already have that patch which corrected several cmmdb problems then you may have some issue between the mom cell and the mom client that may require a set of debugs, which would not be very large to be examined. For this I recommend you open up a call to HP support. 18006333600

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.