Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Chris Stevens_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector 5.5 Through Firewall

Hi,

I'm having problems with Data Protector when installing a client through a firewall. Port 5555 is open and the client reports that it has been installed but I dont see it on the list of clients in Cell Manager. I have checked on the remote server and the data protector inet service is running.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Luk Vandenbussc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data Protector 5.5 Through Firewall

Chris,

You must open an number of extra ports on your firewall between the cell manager and the client.

This is the rule

Num_ports = 5 + Num_sessions + Num_media_agents + Num_disk_agents

The you have to add this range the variable OB2PORTRANGE in your omnirc file.

Check also the docs in your docs directory

0 Likes
Chris Stevens_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What ports do I need to open?
0 Likes
Luk Vandenbussc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can choose, check what is possible on your firewall

Just the range is important.

PS : points are always appreciated.
0 Likes
Tom Kretschmer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris,

if you your diskagent is in a DMZ without IP-Routing then it will not work. You must enable IP-routing on the firewall, simple portforwarding is not enough!

I tried even with HP technical Support (HP OV DP-Carepack and Softwaresupport) without results.

If routing is enabled and you can reach the Cellmanager from the client with it's real IP-Address and if you can reach the Diskagent with it's real IP-Address from the Cellmanager, then you can install the Diskagent from CD and import it on Cellmanager. If your Firewall does only route configured Ports, then you have to also setup the Portranges in DP config on Diskagent and Cellmanager.

hope this helps to safe your time 😉
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.