Commander
Commander

Data Protector 5.5 for Windows: Unable to backup System States

I am attempting to test Data Protector 5.5 on a windows platform. I have configure 2 windows clients, including the client that contains the Cell Manager. I used the Backup Wizard to configure a Filesystem backup. During the backup procedure, the backup of the CONFIGRUATION: fails, stating that this is not a valid mount point or something along those lines. The CONFIGURATION source contains the Windows Server's system state and needs to be backed up.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sven

Please try to delete the contents in the folder \omniback\tmp\config\ and run the backup again.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Simply put Data Protector cannot backup or restore the AD system state.

I have no problems with NTbackup and AD restore testing. One item that is of special interest to me is the Data protector "configuration" backup of my DC system state is about 500Mb and the NTbackup of the system state is 772MB.

We have had a case open for over 6mnts and escalated numerous times to find noting but dead ends. HP has wasted hours upon hours of our time asking us to try the restore in different ways but the results are still the same.

The softball answers they have given on this fourm are not helpfull. We have all the most current patches. YES we are not so stupid that we didn't boot into restore mode ect..

If anyone wants to challenge me on this I have a lab setup and ready to roll on a DP system state restore test. E-mail me at restoreme@losrios.edu
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.