Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector 6.10 Directories and Files limitations

Hi All,

May i know what are the limitations with Data Protector 6.10 version for number of files and directories under the tree of a mount point/ drive...

I face a problem here, having lakhs of files under a directory and i feel that cause the backup failure for that particular mount point.

Backup ok for other mountpoints on that system, only this directory fails.

Thanks in advance... 

Regards,

Nathan

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

post the error pls!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I do not get any errors, and backup is very slow for a particular directory, which consists of millions of text/other files. I have made a separate backup for the reamining directories and it was ok for the backup.

Only have issue with this directory.

Regards,

Nathan

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

>is very slow for a particular directory, which consists of millions of text/other files.

This is never a good idea to have that many files in a directory.

What OS version are you using?

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Got very limited access to the internet.

CM OS Version - HP-UX CMDATPRO B.11.31 U ia64 3231673546 unlimited-user license

CM Version - 6.10

Client OS Version - OPENVMS V8.3 

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Two other ideas for you to check:
- does the issue change if you use OB2VMSNOTREEWALK=1 in the OMNIRC on the client?
- check with the networking guys if jumbo frames are used in the network / this is not expected to work

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.