Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
fashcool
Visitor.

Data Protector 6.2 on Windows 2008

Hello,

I have lately upgraded the cell manager from 6.0 to 6.2.

When on 6.0, I tried to add a windows 2008 server as a client but couldn't because I did not have the latest patches installed. Now that I have upgraded to 6.2, I am trying to add the server once again.

But when I try a local install, the installer terminates quickly and says that the installation could not be completed.

When I try a remote installation, I get a message "[Critical] Setup has detected an older version (00.00) of Data Protector. Upgrade from this version is not supported."

Although data protector was not listed in the control panels installed programs list, there an omni-back directory under C:\program files.

I deleted the directory and have cleared the registry from anything related to Omniback, but the problem was not resolved

anybody has any ideas ?

thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Data Protector 6.2 on Windows 2008

Hi,

-try to install local cliente with DVD, if cell manager respond automatically the client will install on cell manager.
-try to install with the share folder from cell manager , go to run and //IP_CELL_MANAGER

Regards
Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
fashcool
Visitor.

i tried the above with no luck, any other ideas ?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi,
did you check?
From cell manager:
telnet Client_name 5555
from client:
telnet cell_manager_name 5555

both anwer DP?

Also , delete all in Programdata/omnibcak and programfile/omniback.

Regards.
Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
NXS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

could be a probblem with the msi installer
0 Likes
Established Member.. Geoff Rennie
Established Member..

Try going to the install directory and instead of trying to use the msi installer right click on setup.exe and run as administrator

0 Likes
Antonio Carlon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi fashcool,

try to search in the registry the words "omni" and "protector".

Afterwards restart the CM server and try to install again.

By

0 Likes
SaviorMaster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Fash:

follow steps

1.- Review in you table hosts the name of client.

2.- run -> cmd -> ping "client"

3.-telnet "client" 5555

if conecction is ok, you need review the medium for the installation.

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.