Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector 6.21 and HP StoreOnce-powered software deduplication is here!

We are proud to announce the availability of Data Protector software, now powered by HP StoreOnce. 

Data Protector software deduplication functionality is now available through the Data Protector Advanced Backup to Disk license. Existing customers with an Advanced Backup to Disk license simply upgrade to v6.21, available via the HP support portal, to take advantage of software deduplication for no additional cost.

For more information, see the blog post on Information Faster.

Happy Holidays!

Shari

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can't locate a download location for 6.2X. Please advise.

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

https://support.openview.hp.com with a valid Data Protector SAID linked to your HP Passport Account.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a new trial version download yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No, since it is only a patch bundle installed on top of 6.20. Without a service contract, you're not able to obtain the bundle.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Can someone please post the release notes/bug fixes between 6.20 an 6.21.  I am still waiting on retrieval of our SAID so I can download this.

Also, any news on Data Protector 7?  I have been told it will be using an RDBMS (ie MS SQL, MySQL etc)

I am looking forward to this change.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Here are the DP6.21 Product announcements.

No offcial word from HP on the DP7 release as yet

regards,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I'm already up to the required rev but I can't find anything on how to actually implement this.

Jeremy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Here's the whitepaper, this should help

regards,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.