Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector 8.0 media HP-UX

I need Data Protector 8.0 installation media for HP-UX, it is not available from the HP website, only 8.1 and 9.0 is available for direct download as you already know, we lost the original media...  We had valid licenses for the product, but no support contract (planning re-contract/re-buy next year... budget reasons) 

Can somebody help us with this?

Thak U 🙂

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. TapeDrive Kille Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Data Protector 8.0 media HP-UX

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks  but all links to software version < 8.1 points to a PDF with this reference:

HP does not recommend installation of Data Protector release 8.0, as Release 8.12 and 9.0 are available for download.. In the exceptional circumstances where release 8.0 is needed, please contact Support through Software support online or alternatively contact your local support organization."

I had tested all posible download options from HP website... 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I think you are not getting the same selection as I do:

Let me download this and upload it to a FTP

Pablo Alv Siles
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I see what you mean got the same mesage, let me try to obtain the software somewhere else.

Pablo Alv Siles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Hey TDK thanks!
0 Likes
Absent Member..

This version was removed, can you go to 8.10 instead? Is there any specific reason why you need 8.00?

Pablo Alv Siles
0 Likes
Absent Member.

My first post: out of support and out of budget until next year.

8.0 licenses are not compatible with 8.1.

May we had a HP-UX 8.1 client with a 8.0 windows cell manager?
0 Likes
Mike Whitton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, were you ever able to find the 8.0 software package?  I am having the same problem as you, the package was deleted and I am not able to pay for the upgrade until the end of the calendar year.

thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.