Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Jeffrey F. Gold Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Data Protector 9.0 client install

I have been using DP 6.2 on my HPUX server (with HP-UX 11.23) and now I want to upgrade to DP 9.0 on a virtualized  2012 server.  I started by installing DP 9.0 onto the server and made it my Cell Manager as well as the Installation Server.  When I went to add a client (Windows Server 2008) I keep getting an error.  Then I went to the client and installed DP 9.0 but it could't find the Cell Manager.   I did some reasearch and found a work around but I would really like to fix it so that I dont have to do the work around. 

Here are the steps I had do follow on both the Cell Manager/Installation Server and the client:

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -add <domain>\dataprotector
Please enter password:**********
Please retype password:**********
User '<domain>\dataprotector' was successfully added.

Once I did this I was able to push DP as a client to the server.  I have several servers that I am going to be installing DP 9.0 and I really don't want to have to install it on every server and then add them as a client to the cell manager.  Is there a better solution out there?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Eblyn Solis Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Data Protector 9.0 client install

Hi 

I did like that:

When installing the Data Protector Agent to a Windows 2012 Server the following errormessage appeared:

[Critical]  Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager) on client <clientname>[5] Access is denied. 

What we need to do now is to add a User with admin rights to the INET Service. Open a command prompt and enter these commands:

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -list

This will show you if there are any users configured already

Now add a user to the INET Service. This user should have administrative permissions and – of course – this user should already be created in your AD.

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -add <domain>\dataprotector

Please enter password:**********

Please retype password:**********

User '<domain>\dataprotector' was successfully added.

Last step is to add this useraccount to be used by the installation service: 

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -inst_srv_user <domain>\dataprotector

User '<domain>\dataprotector' is configured to be used by Installation

Hope this help

REgards

Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I guess it depends on the answr to

"...When I went to add a client (Windows Server 2008) I keep getting an error. ..."

What was the error that you were getting?  If it was not enough priveledges or something similiar, we may need to look at the owner of the DP INET service, but, again, it depends on teh error message

Adnan Khan
Member.

I have added Client + Inst_srv but still it ask me to Login while adding the Client.

This installation & Configuration is for Hotel.

Kindly help.

Thank You,

Adnan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.