Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Data Protector 9 Database Schema

Hi,

I'd like to write some reports straight from the Data Protector 9 Postgres database.

Is there a published schema of this database out there?  If so does anyone have a link to it or is it HPs secret?

Thanks,

John

------------------
Kudos gratefully accepted - How to assign...
Tags (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Try Backup Navigator 😉

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Thanks for that.

I have tried Backup Navigator and it doesn't provide what I need.  The people that think they know more than everyone else want some quite specific reports 😉

John

------------------
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Out of curiosity what is it missing ... if it can be described 🙂

thx

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi,

Really quite soecific reports actually.  My servers together provide 'services' (ie, general application services) and the reports required are to reference the backups of these 'services' and as such are not defined by server name or backup specification. 

One way of providing this is to use, for instance, the "Description" field of the specification since this is not a technical configuration setting.  I may be wrong but this doesn't seem definable within any reports, hence why I'd like to be able to run reports upon the actual IDB itself.

If anyone out there has any suggestions I'd be really receptive to them.

John

------------------
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

There is no public Schema description so far and I doubt there will ever be one.

Also saw HP changing the IDB Interna quite frequently with hotfixes, your Queries may therfore be short-lived.

We also need extensive Reports for our Customers and ended up using the session_objects Report, executed for each Backup-Type Session.

Uploaded to a separate DB it allows pretty much every Summary we need without impact to the Backup-Operation and even back several years for trend analysis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

maybe BRICK might be usefull for you - see my home page at www.data-protector.org.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey John,

please refer to OmniBack\bin\dbscripts. You can find all SQL procedures that are used to initialize/upgrade the database . HP did a great job to document everything in there. I found it pretty handy.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.