Carlos Eduardo_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector Backup

I added a new backup, but when I click over the name of the backup in te scoping pane, Data protector launch a window with te follow message:
While loading the currently selected backup specification,
Data Protector found a backup object belonging to a client system
that is no longer imported in cell 'urrdes02'.
Do you want to leave the orphan object in the backup specification?.
What miss?
Best Regards
0 Likes
7 Replies
Kurt Beyers. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data Protector Backup

Delete the backup specification that is complaining about the orphan object and create it again.

Make sure that your name resolution is every where consistent: a ping or nslookup of any client / server must always answer with the FQDN. If there is a mismatch in short names / FQDN, you'll end up with warnings of orphan objects.

best regards,
Kurt
0 Likes
Hoang Chi Cong_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please check for the target client in Client list! Was it still there?
This happen when a client that specified in the backup specification was changed or deleted in the client list.
Create a new backup specification is a good idea...

Goodluck!
Regard,
Hoang Chi Cong
Looking for a special chance.......
0 Likes
C. Beerse_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check if your client is still defined. If not, redefine it. There is no need to recreate the backup-specification if you left the orphan object in the backup-spec. However, carefully check if no other backup-admin has kicked the client out the backup-spec. If you had it removed, add it to the backup spec.
make everything as simple as possible, not simpler (A.Einstein??)
0 Likes
Carlos Eduardo_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried deleting the backup specification, and add it again, but the message apear again, maybe could help if I explain what I try to do.

I add a new client is a PC with Windows XP, I made a test to backup a few folders thats works and made the restore without troubles, but when I add the client, I use the import client because I want add client Data protector needs the user and password, I tried with the administrator password but DP says Invalid username or bad password, so, I think, this message could because a use import client and not add client..¿
0 Likes
Highlighted
Kurt Beyers. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Carlos,

Change the the sharing and security model for local accounts on the Windows XP.

Click Start --> Control Panel --> Administrative tools --> Local Security Policy --> Local Policies --> Security Options --> "Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts"

Set this to: "Classic - local users authenticate as themselves

Tou can now add or import the Windows XP client into the DP cell and the orphan objects will disappear too.

best regards,
Kurt
Joseph T. Wycko Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wow - this is a new wrinkle to me, but it does make sense!

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/506.mspx
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
0 Likes
prdimayuga Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your solution Kurt

@Kurt Beyers. wrote:
Carlos,

Change the the sharing and security model for local accounts on the Windows XP.

Click Start --> Control Panel --> Administrative tools --> Local Security Policy --> Local Policies --> Security Options --> "Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts"

Set this to: "Classic - local users authenticate as themselves

Tou can now add or import the Windows XP client into the DP cell and the orphan objects will disappear too.

best regards,
Kurt

it works well with us 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.