Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector Client for HP-UX 11.31

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there Data Protector Client for HP-UX 11.31 or xomni?

I have installed Data Protector Cell server 6.20 on HP-UX 11.31 and the server is in US and timezone set as pacific time.

And i installed Data Protector Client on my Laptop but the timezone set is for India. So when i schedule backup it is taking India time and also when i run backup manually i see 2 different times in database session. So i don;t know exactly how long the backup taken to complete.

Is there any way to set time zone for Data Protector Client to Pacific time...I can't change the Latop time to pacific time becuase of local domain policy.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Hi Narendra,

you just open through UNIX GUI

/opt/omni/bin/xomni

but u have to set java path.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You could use the JavaGUI on HP-UX CS or a local client with the correct time zone around to avoid the situation.

Did some tests with Data Protector 7.0. The Windows GUI translates the date/time of all server related items (schedule, session start and end times as well as session text) to your local time zone. The information on the CS match its local time. This looks ok for me. In my case the CS was running GMT+1, the client at GMT-8. The 9h time difference was visible everywhere. To do proper scheduling you should have a clock set to PST around. 🙂

Regards,
Sebastian

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply...But please can you explain in brief "You could use the JavaGUI on HP-UX CS " as i didn't get you? Java is already installed on HP-UX CS let me know how to open the data protector client...as i beleive there is no DP client for HP-UX 11.31.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Hi Narendra,

you just open through UNIX GUI

/opt/omni/bin/xomni

but u have to set java path.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sri,

Thanks for the solution...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.