Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Richard Kupca Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Protector - Import host failed

Jump to solution
Hi
We have installed DP Cell Manager A 05.50 on Win 2003 Server. A year ago I installed locally one unix dp client (only Disk Agent) and imported it by name of his ip address (192.168.2.12). Backups of this client ran well. Now I deleted the client from Cell Manager (only deleted from CM, not uninstalled software from the client machine). If I try to import the client again, I get only message "12:1625 Import host failed." I tried to import as ip address and then as FQDN. I forgot to backup cell_info containing records about the unix client therefore I cannot append the record about this unix client to cell_info file.

1. telnet 192.168.2.12 5555 ...is OK
HP OpenView Storage Data Protector A.05.50: INET, internal build 330, built on Wed Oct 13 01:08:47 2004

2. nslookup gets OK records (also reversible)

3. UserList file contains:
"" "*" "*" * "admin"

4. In debug.log are no usefull information about failed import.

Any help?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data Protector - Import host failed

Jump to solution
Do the nslookup test on both, the client and the cell manager, also do the telnet 5555 from the cell manager to the client, if it fails then the service is not running.

Also verify that the name reported by the "hostname" command on both the cell manager and the client match the nslookup responce.

also, go to /etc/opt/omni, find and delete the cell_server file of the client.

P.D.
It seems that you forgot how to assign points, your average is low, 55% of point assigment to answers, bad boy... bad boy ;)
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Henry A.C. Jans Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
NSLOOKUP okay, looks still like a DNS problem... if you telnet from your CM server to your Unix (FQDN) client to port 5555 does it respond ?? And can you ping the CM Server (FQDN) from your Unix client ??
0 Likes
Eblyn Solis Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Rischard,

Maybe is Firewall configuration.
Also try to add in etc/hosts (linux) and C:\Windows\System32\drives\etc\hosts (windows) both machines.

Note: allow_hosts or deny_hosts files in OmniBack\config\client on those clients or in linux in
/etc/opt/omni/client needs to be configurate to use DNS between client and cell manager.
Also if you have allow or deny in linux machine try to rename and see if works.

Regards
Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
Scott McIntosh_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Does it say anything more useful if you just to the import at command line?

OmniBack\bin\omnicc -import_host

Thanks,
Scott
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks for help, I've been out of office.

Henry, telnet from CM server to unix client to port 5555 is responding.

Scott, the command gets the same result "12:1625 Import host failed".

I will check DNS between client and CM server.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Do the nslookup test on both, the client and the cell manager, also do the telnet 5555 from the cell manager to the client, if it fails then the service is not running.

Also verify that the name reported by the "hostname" command on both the cell manager and the client match the nslookup responce.

also, go to /etc/opt/omni, find and delete the cell_server file of the client.

P.D.
It seems that you forgot how to assign points, your average is low, 55% of point assigment to answers, bad boy... bad boy ;)
GLUESHINE Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hey I had a similar issue, here is wat i did.
Remove DP DA from the client. Delete omni folder from /opt/omni , etc/opt/omni , var/opt/omni.
Reboot the client. Install the DA in client with
./omnisetup.sh -server -install da
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Shoghi & GLUESHINE,
it looks like the solution.

Thanks to everybody for help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.