Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Absent Member.. BackupDude Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Data Protector Migration from HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium

Hi guys,

I need to migrate DP 7.01 from HP-UX 11.31 to another server that is also HP-UX 11.31. The catch is that the old server is PA-RISC 9000/800 and new server is Itanium ia64.

Can this be done using write/readdb or I have to follow some steps as in Daniel's blog --> http://www.data-protector.org/wordpress/2011/07/data-protector-migration-unix-to-other-os/

I trully hope somebody has done this already and has some tips for me.

Any reply is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data Protector Migration from HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium

Daniel got a lot deeper into this than I would have, but the procedure is sound, if a little dated.  I would make note of the fact that, instead of Configuration files being in

/etc/opt/omni

they are actually in

/etc/opt/omni/server

but, that is a minor point

Also, as to step 12.5, you can do a backup of the IDB onto tape, and import that tape into your new call manager, which will include not only the IDB, but the COnfiguration files also.  Restore the files to a temporary directory, stop DP, rename the existing directories, and replace with what was restore inot the temporary directory

This is more my opinion than having him change his recommended steps

Absent Member.. BackupDude Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Data Protector Migration from HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium

Hi,

Migration done. I have contacted DP support and they pointed out that exactly my situation was present in the manuals (attached file page 176).

However we kept server name and IP so I migrated using wirtedb and readdb + copy of configuration folders from one server to another and it worked.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.