Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Contributor.. Jderama Contributor..
Contributor..

Data Protector Restore menu display garbled text. Is this an Internal Database Corruption?

Hello,

My DP10.02 has some problems displaying items in the restore menu. Reading from the internal database
the whole directory is displayed in garbled text.

System: Windows 2008 R2 Server / Lotus domino 9.01 Fp3

Will uninstalling and reinstalling data protector fix this issue? Can I still reuse my old internal database from previous backups?

Thanks appreciate any advice since MF can not support my platform.

Regards,

Jay

aWildcard characters diplay.jpg

Jderama
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Data Protector Restore menu display garbled text. Is this an Internal Database Corruption?

Hello @Jderama,

I don't think it is a corruption. It looks like the GUI is interpreting something wrong, which has been stored in the DCBFs.

Can you please shed some light on the used Lotus Domino version and operating system. Do you use any kind of localization on the Domino server that would explain what we see? Is this a upgrade or new installation?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Contributor.. Jderama Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Data Protector Restore menu display garbled text. Is this an Internal Database Corruption?

Hello @Sebastian.Koehler,

Thank you for your response. Our Lotus Domino mail server is not running any localization like Chinese or Arabic texts - Is this what you are referering to?

The Software version and System environment its running on is Lotus Domino Release 9.0.1 FP3 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Data center edition (64-bit)

The First Data protector software we got from our IT solution provider was HP Data protector 9.

Last year, then a few months later - I got news of Data Protector 10 was recently released, so I upgrade our Software and License to Data Protector 10 to get the latest support and updates, but then I found out that after upgrading to version 10 - My Backup Schedules do not work on version 10, so I had to manually initiate the backup at their respective schedules late in the night. Later on a patch came up 10.02 which fixed the problem with my Backup schedules. I just tried to test my backups, this what showed up on my dataprotector.  I would also like to mention that when I try to access the backup DP 10 crashes. I was planning to uninstall the reinstall the program or Downgrade my version to DP 9 again maybe it will work better in the older version.
Thank you for taking the tme to look at my issue with DP 10. I appreciate it a lot!

Regards,

Jay Arc

Jderama
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hello @Jderama

It seems this issue is now known to Micro Focus support. Here is the link to the SSO portal.

Lotus backup | When expanding objects for restore - GUI shows unreadable chracters on each entry
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM03160615

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.