Highlighted
Visitor.. TSA
Visitor..

Data Protector data flow and network ports usages

Hello,
I'm trying to visualize the DP traffic and the network ports that can be used in the data flow before and after DP v9.0.9 (please find attached my drawings)

I'm not sure about the direction of traffic (where is it only outgoing or incoming or both),or maybe there are a lot of mistakes. So who can help me.

Thanks,
0 Likes
1 Reply
antaln Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Data Protector data flow and network ports usages

Those look pretty accurate.

As for direction of connections, it's safest to assume that it's bidirectional:

• enabling "reconnect broken connection" can reverse the direction of connection (e.g. flow is Cell Manager -> Disk Agent, but if connection is broken, it is Disk Agent that attempts to connect to Cell Manager during connection recovery).
  • Media Agent connects back to Cell Manager to send B2D media stats

Application integrations are always two-way (e.g. initial start if cell -> client, and then agents connect back to cell).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.