Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Ada028
New Member.

Data Protector support storage products

Hi All, we did test between Huawei storage and HP Data protector recently, but to find that HP Data Protector didn't support Huawei storage. Could anybody tell me whom I could contact with to make the collaboration happen? Thanks very much.

Best,

Ada

0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Data Protector support storage products

Hi Ada,

Huawei storage is not that broadly used today, but if you could share what products and functionality is desired someone could bring it to the attention of product management. Chances are better if there is a large opportunity behind that request. This means you need to contact the HPE Software sales team.

From my point of view integration of a VSS hardware provider should be pretty easy to do.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
ranjithpk Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ada,

What will be the use case with Huawei storage solutions? how are you using and for what purpose? Could you please explian to us?

Regards

Ranjith

Regards,
Ranjith
0 Likes
Absent Member.. KloppYNWA69 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I would expect HP will not support Huawei storage if you want functionality such as Zero DownTime Backup.

DP will work with the storage via normal agent based backups however if you want clever snapshots then I think you will be better off integrating a scripted solution which Data Protector can work with.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.