Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Data Protector v9 migration

just need to clarify.... I have a physical DP cell manager running 9.06 and I want to move this to a new Virtual machine.

I'm assuming this process....

1. Build VM with v9.06
  2. On physical server perform a "omnidbutil -writedb"
  3. copy data over to the new VM.... including DCBF and SMBF
  4. perform "omnidbutil -readdb"
  5. copy in DCBF and SMBF data...
  6. upgrade to v9.08

seems like a plan....

0 Likes
3 Replies
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Data Protector v9 migration

Licenses (if I recall) are tied to the hostname (or IP), you may need new license keys assuming that is going to change.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Also there may be other steps to ensure that you get your (text file) specs transfered, etc. And then also, you'd need to worry about export/import of clients and unsecure/resecure, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

thanks! yes licensing will need sorting out and yes text files like backup specs, schedules etc will need copying....I'll check once the readdb is done.........as this is my first v8/9 migration with the new DB...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.