verus Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data protector 6.10 to 6.2 upgrade + DP 6.10 backup to disk possible ?

Hi,

I am (pretty) new to data protector.
(1) We have now data protector 6.10 and it seems that you can't backup to disk and only to tape, is that correct ?
If not, could somebody please explain me how to do it ?

(2) I also received data protector 6.2 from our software supplier and my question about this is how to upgrade.
Just click or is there a procedure which has to be followed securely ?

thanks,
Verus.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Wessam Ehab Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Data protector 6.10 to 6.2 upgrade + DP 6.10 backup to disk possible ?

as of backup to disk, you need a license for that even in 6.2

it's called "Advanced Backup to Disk" you can contact your HP Supplier and ask for the license based on the capacity of your data in TB.

to check all vailable licenses run this command under DATA_PROTECTOR_HOME\bin\

omnicc -query

it will list all license and the quantity you will know what's missing.

check this out for the upgrade steps , i jsut replied to the same issue

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-Data-Protector-Forum/DP-Upgrade-6-0-to-6-11-6-2/td-p/4820621

Hope this Helps

Wesam

Regards,
Wesam
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.