Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Contributor.. Yokke Contributor..
Contributor..

Data protector upgrade failed

I`ve issued with upgraaded data protector for client HPUX that run with ignite-UX for version 9.08 backup and restore works fine but when upgrade version from 9.09 has been failed.

error log with ./omnisetup.sh -Uninstall

failed to initialize this agent. make sure the agent program exists on the host and can be executed. Target connection failed. 

both telnet works port 5555

and upgrade from manager failed too

is there have solution here?

thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Data protector upgrade failed

Hello Yokke,

I'm not sure if I get things right. Can you please confirm if this HP-UX system only has some client components (Disk Agent, Media Agent, etc.) installed? You try to upgrade this client from 9.08 to 9.09 with the patch bundle or is this something different?

I'm asking because the installation procedure for the patch bundle is different. I'm just quoting the relevant part here.

5. Run omnisetup.sh to install the patch,
omnisetup.sh -bundleadd b909

6. Alternatively this patch can be installed by using the
native swinstall command also. In this case use the below
command to install,
swinstall -v -x reinstall=true -s
/tmp/DPUXBDL_00909/DPUXBDL_00909.depot \*

This seems to be a swinstall related issue. Can you please share the whole terminal log from the upgrade attempt and/or attach the corresponding swinstall log?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Contributor.. Yokke Contributor..
Contributor..

hello Koehler,

thanks for reply

there has problem with hpux os mean while we open this case to support

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Yokke,

Thanks for keeping me posted. Maybe you can share details on the HP-UX issue once it was resolved. I think this could help others in the future.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.