Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Delete DP client - Backup Spec?

Jump to solution
Hi
I have just inherited a DP 5.1 server that, well was not so well kept up to date.

I have several SUN servers that are no longer backed up that I would like to delete from the client list.

Now, my question if I delete the clients what will happen to the backup specifications that backs them up (as well as other valid clients)? Will the client be automatically unchecked or do I have to go into each backup specification the clients might be part of to uncheck them?

(sorry I dont have access to my test server to try this and am putting a change request together)

Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

When you delete the client, you will get an warning, "Do you want to leave orphaned objects in backup spec." or something like this.

If such objects remains in the backup spec. the jobs will still run but maybe you get some error messages in your backups.

The most correct way is to remove the objects from the backup spec. before exporting the clients.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

When you delete the client, you will get an warning, "Do you want to leave orphaned objects in backup spec." or something like this.

If such objects remains in the backup spec. the jobs will still run but maybe you get some error messages in your backups.

The most correct way is to remove the objects from the backup spec. before exporting the clients.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.